Education at tooting Primary School
At our school we aim to give every child an education that they will not forget.
As well as developing a robust, creative curriculum that will give children the opportunity to learn key skills in all academic areas, we also want our children to develop a growth mindset and 'can-do' attitude towards life and learning. Our pastoral care will focus on building self-esteem through the use of consistent positive language and adults modelling appropriate behaviour. Our school will work in close partnership with parents/carers to ensure that children develop social and emotional skills that are required to get the most out of life.
Pupils will leave our school as confident learners who
- Can read and write well and have good mathematical skills
- Have happy and harmonious relationships with friends from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Have developed a sense of responsibility and an understanding of right and wrong
- Have a love of learning, inspired by a variety of experiences both in and out of the classroom
We will achieve this through:
- A belief that every child can succeed
- A supportive atmosphere where all children are safe and valued and where healthy lifestyles are actively promoted
- A calm and ordered environment where pupils learn to respect each other, follow routines and behave well so that they can learn
- Close co-operation with parents and families
For children to succeed at school it is essential that good home/school links are in place. We will always endeavour to communicate to parents/carers effectively and hope that this will always be a two way channel.
If you require any further information regarding our school or would like to visit, please contact the school office.